Diabetes or high blood sugar in Pakistani and Indian People
Diabetes or high blood sugar is an illness that happens when our blood glucose or blood sugar is higher than the normal range. Here we will discuss the causes of diabetes or high blood sugar in Pakistani and Indian People.
Blood glucose is our key source of energy. The energy is coming from the food we eat. Insulin helps glucose from food to get into our cells to use if for energy. If our body does not make enough insulin or does not use insulin properly then glucose will stay in our blood and it could not go to our cells.
When we have too much glucose then this condition is known as diabetes or high blood sugar or high blood glucose.
Diabetes has no specific cure but we can take some initiatives to manage our diabetes to stay healthy.
It Can Be Silent
Diabetes or high blood sugar can be undetected and go very high without our knowledge. Some people are aware that they have diabetes when they have detected some type of life threatening condition.
Reasons of Diabetes
- Some reasons or causes of diabetes are as under:
- Diabetes can happens if our immune system abolishes the insulin producing cells.
- Due to genes.
- Due to environmental factors.
- Due to life style factors.
- Due to unhealthy food.
- Due viruses which can activate the disease.
- Due to eating sugary foods or drinking too much sugary drinks.
- Due to fatness.
- Becoming Overweight.
- Lack of physical activity.
- Also gestational diabetes can occur in women during pregnancy due to hormonal changes or life style factors.
Signs and symptoms of diabetes or high blood sugar in Pakistani and Indian People
- The early signs or symptoms of diabetes are as below.
- High level of blood sugar.
- Loss of glucose in urine.
- Increased thirst and water consumption.
- Weight loss.
- Sometimes Fatigue.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Many infections, like infection of skin, vaginal infection, bladder infection.
- Blurred vision.
- In extreme and rare case it can lead to coma.
Insulin resistance during pregnancy
Hormones produced by the placenta contribute to insulin resistance, which occurs in women during late pregnancy. Some women produce sufficient insulin to overcome insulin resistance but some could not. So when enough insulin could not be made then gestational diabetes arises.
Extra weight is also the cause of gestational diabetes because fat or overweight women are already have too much insulin resistance so when they will become pregnant they will gain more weight and may be they will create more insulin resistance.
Moreover hormonal changes and family history of having diabetes can also contribute in gestational diabetes.
We can be safe from diabetes if we reduce eating sugary foods or reduce drinking sugary drinks.
- Cutting on all sources of sugar like below.
- Cut down on fruits juices like whole fruit.
- Avoid eating old frozen foods.
- Cut down on sugary drinks, like cold drinks.
- Avoid drinking non diet versions of drinks.
- Using low fat foods or low fat drinks.
- Avoiding sugary snacks.
Moreover, a little walk on daily basis or some kind of exercise can help avoiding high blood sugar or diabetes. If we will adopt healthy life style and physical active than chances of all diseases will be reduced.